Thursday, May 8, 2014

Commencement Scheduled for May 16th and 17th at Wichita State University

For the first time in 33 years, I will neither feel guilty about missing commencement nor unhappy that I am missing a celebration of my birthday!  One of the things that always bothered me a bit about the academic life, was that Spring Commencement (the largest ceremony of the year) took place either on or very close to my birthday (May 16th).  I don't want to seem selfish to be able to celebrate one day that is mine without having to feel guilty, but I must admit to have only considered attending commencement this year for a nanosecond.  I WILL miss congratulating my students and seeing their excitement at "finally" being done.  I will think about you, but I am going to be thinking about you from a short trip out of town.  Have a GREAT day!

No comments: