Who Am I?

I am Dr. Nancy Bereman, retired after 33 years on the faculty at Wichita State University. I taught courses in Human Resource Management. In retirement, I do a little bit of everything. Writing in this blog is one of them. As my byline reads... Just my random thoughts about life, work, and play. You may contact me at my email address: NancyBereman@gmail.com.


Friday, December 4, 2015

The #1 Reason People Die Early by Country

I found this video fascinating. They use a metric called "years of life lost", which counts when people die in contrast to when they might hope to die. For example, if you SHOULD live to 86, but die at the age of 6 due to malaria, then your years of life lost is 80. It is interesting to see how dramatically the cause of death changes from county to country. Take a look.

No comments: