Who Am I?

I am Dr. Nancy Bereman, retired after 33 years on the faculty at Wichita State University. I taught courses in Human Resource Management. In retirement, I do a little bit of everything. Writing in this blog is one of them. As my byline reads... Just my random thoughts about life, work, and play. You may contact me at my email address: NancyBereman@gmail.com.


Monday, February 26, 2024

Duke, an English Springer Spaniel

 


On Wednesday January 24th, 2024, we euthanized Duke.  He had just turned 13 (born January 8, 2011).  We adopted him through the English Spring Spaniel Rescue on March 15, 2014. We have no information about his first three years.  The first year was a bit rocky, but he became a VERY good boy.  In his final months he suffered from severe arthritis in his hips and back legs.  He had difficulty walking.  It was a difficult decision, but I think it was the right one.  The picture to the left is Duke very soon after he came to live with us.  The house feels empty.    RIP Duke!


No comments: