Who Am I?

I am Dr. Nancy Bereman, retired after 33 years on the faculty at Wichita State University. I taught courses in Human Resource Management. In retirement, I do a little bit of everything. Writing in this blog is one of them. As my byline reads... Just my random thoughts about life, work, and play. You may contact me at my email address: NancyBereman@gmail.com.


Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Critical Thinking

I just received my copy of "Critical Thinking: Concepts and Tools" from CriticalThinking.Org.  The book (well really a booklet) provides an outline of how to think critically.  In other words, how to reason.  There is a quote near the end of the book that I particularly like:  "Education in the critical faculty is the only education of which it can be truly said that it makes good citizens." (William Graham Sumner, 1906).  I think that having citizens skilled in critical thinking would make the political process much easier to bear. 

No comments: