Who Am I?

I am Dr. Nancy Bereman, retired after 33 years on the faculty at Wichita State University. I taught courses in Human Resource Management. In retirement, I do a little bit of everything. Writing in this blog is one of them. As my byline reads... Just my random thoughts about life, work, and play. You may contact me at my email address: NancyBereman@gmail.com.


Thursday, August 15, 2013

More on Evernote!

I realized after I published my last post on Evernote, that I forgot to mention some of its really useful functionality.  First, Evernote can be used as a program on your computer (with a desktop icon if you like) or you can use it as a web-based program.  You can even use BOTH,  and changes you make in one will be synchronized to the other.   If you use the Desktop version, then you don't have to be connected to the internet to access it.  If you use the Web-based version, then obviously you do AND you can access it from any internet-enabled computer. In addition there is an Evernote App for your mobile device!

An additional tool that Evernote has that is VERY useful if you do a lot of browsing on the internet, is the Evernote Web Clipper, which is a browser extension used to save URL's, pictures, and text from web pages for later browsing.  You can select an entire page, a portion of the text, or even just the URL.  You can select the desired notebook to save the information to along with any tags that you want to attach.  For more information on Evernote, there is a great article on Mashable. 

For more applications that integrate with Evernote, check out the Evernote Trunk. 

For my previous post on Evernote, go HERE. 

No comments: