Who Am I?

I am Dr. Nancy Bereman, retired after 33 years on the faculty at Wichita State University. I taught courses in Human Resource Management. In retirement, I do a little bit of everything. Writing in this blog is one of them. As my byline reads... Just my random thoughts about life, work, and play. You may contact me at my email address: NancyBereman@gmail.com.


Thursday, June 17, 2021

More on the Day Trip - June 5th, 2021

Another interesting build in Cedar Point is the Cottonwood River Pratt Truss Bridge which was added to the National Register of Historical Places in 2003. The bridge was built in 1916 by the Missouri Valley Bridge Company.  The Pratt Truss design was patented by 1844 and was commonly used because of its strength and relatively low cost.

Source: Cedar Point Pratt Truss Bridge

 

 

Another picture of the bridge is below.


 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Another point of interest on this trip was in Florence. The building we stopped to see was the Harvey House which was build in 1876. The Fred Harvey Company was the owner of the Harvey House chain of restaurants and hotels that were used to service the growing number of train passengers. Today it is a museum. The Harvey House in Florence was the second of his eating house-hotel establishments.  





    

 

 

No comments: