Who Am I?

I am Dr. Nancy Bereman, retired after 33 years on the faculty at Wichita State University. I taught courses in Human Resource Management. In retirement, I do a little bit of everything. Writing in this blog is one of them. As my byline reads... Just my random thoughts about life, work, and play. You may contact me at my email address: NancyBereman@gmail.com.


Monday, October 9, 2023

2023 Cruise - Day Five - Isle of Man

The Isle of Man (Mann) has a fascinating history.  It is a "self-governing British Crown Dependency in the Irish Sea between Great Britain and Ireland. As head of state, Charles III holds the title Lord of Mann and is represented by a Lieutenant Governor.  The government of the United Kingdom is responsible for the Isle's military defense and represents it abroad."  Source

The flag of the Isle of Mann is a triskelion, composed of three armoured legs with golden spurs, upon a red background.  It has been the official flag of the Isle of Mann in 1932 and is based on the Manx coat of arms, which dates back to the 13th century.  Source

 Douglas, Isle of Mann


 Ancient Market Crosse

 


Peel Castle, originally constructed by Norwegians in the 11th century.

 

 

The George Pub and Rooms.  I want to return to the Isle of Mann and stay in this Pub.



No comments: