Who Am I?

I am Dr. Nancy Bereman, retired after 33 years on the faculty at Wichita State University. I taught courses in Human Resource Management. In retirement, I do a little bit of everything. Writing in this blog is one of them. As my byline reads... Just my random thoughts about life, work, and play. You may contact me at my email address: NancyBereman@gmail.com.


Saturday, October 7, 2023

2023 Cruise: Day Two - Dover


The first stop on our tour this day was to the Dover Marina.  I was not aware that the Port of Calais in France is only 20 miles away!  


The next stop on our tour today was the Ramsgate Tunnels. Originally built to provide rail service,  it became used as a vast air-raid shelter during World War II for the town's inhabitants.  The underground network was capable of sheltering 60,000 people.













The next stop of our tour was the Spitfire and Hurricane Memorial Museum near the former RAF Manston Airbase. I encourage you to follow the link and read about the history of the base. 

The Spitfire and Hurricane Museum houses a rebuilt Supermarine Spitfire MK XVI and a Hawker Hurricane IIC.  These are beautiful airplanes which played an historic role in WWII.

The last photo that I want to share is from the boat as we were leaving Dover... the White Cliffs of Dover!




No comments: