Who Am I?

I am Dr. Nancy Bereman, retired after 33 years on the faculty at Wichita State University. I taught courses in Human Resource Management. In retirement, I do a little bit of everything. Writing in this blog is one of them. As my byline reads... Just my random thoughts about life, work, and play. You may contact me at my email address: NancyBereman@gmail.com.


Friday, October 6, 2023

2023 Cruise - Day One - London

 

We got back home late on September 30th from our two week cruise aboard the Viking Venus.  I'll be posting pictures here as I get them edited.  Because of rough seas we were unable to visit Ullapool and the Shetland Islands (I really wanted to see the ponies!!).

Our first day was in London on the Thames. This is the Cutty Sark. Click the link to learn more about her.

 
Below is the Thames at almost full low tide.  

Below is the Thames Barrier. It is a retractable system built to protect London from high tides and storm surges.  Our ship sailed through it.



No comments: